5716WSDL Generator for Perl Code?
- Nov 21, 2006I'm writing several different SOAP servers, all of which will need to
communicated with Java.
How should I generate a WSDL file to describe my SOAP::Lite based
Please tell me if I'm missing something obvious. I'm hoping I am.
My research so far has turned up the following options. Please
comment. I'm willing to put in solid effort, and contribute back to
the community, but I want to make sure my efforts are well placed.
- Use WSDL::Generator? Make test fails. Interestingly, Class::Hook
compiles and passes it's tests just fine. (I am running perl 5.8.6,
and Class::Hook states that it has only been tested on perl 5.6.)
- Does anyone currently use WSDL::Generator? On Perl 5.8.6?
- Has anyone done any work (even preliminary) to port
WSDL::Generator to perl > 5.6?
- If not, do you recommend that I pursue it?
- Use Pod::WSDL? It looks like an excellent start, but still very
short of the support provided by Apache Axis (Java).
- Does anyone currently use Pod::WSDL?
- Has anyone used it to handle complex data types, e.g. hashes
of hash refs?
- Do you recommend pursuing Pod::WSDL over WSDL::Generator?
- Write it by hand? Goodness, my Java colleagues will mock me. If I
must, are there tools or documents that will make it easier to do this?
- Next post in topic >>