5687talking to .NET SOAP service works on one machine but not on the other

  • Günter Sammet
    Oct 31, 2006
      Hello all:
      Been spinning my wheels on this issue for quite a while but haven't
      found a solution yet. We have a SOAP service that works on one machine
      (same IIS version and same .NET version) but not on the other. Here
      the xml that's sent to

      <code>
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <soap:Envelope
      xmlns:tns="urn:RoomMaster"
      soap:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
      <soap:Header>
      <tns:UserCredentials xmlns:tns="urn:RoomMaster">
      <Username xsi:type="xsd:string">user</Username>

      <Password xsi:type="xsd:string">password</Password>
      </tns:UserCredentials>
      </soap:Header>

      <soap:Body>
      <namesp2:ReadAvailability xmlns:namesp2="urn:RoomMaster">
      <InSession xsi:type="xsd:string">3997145</InSession>

      <InEntry xsi:type="xsd:int">1</InEntry>
      </namesp2:ReadAvailability>
      </soap:Body>
      </soap:Envelope>
      </code>

      It errors out with the following error:

      "Server was unable to process request. --> Input string was not in
      a correct format."

      The exact same xml (pulled from the error logs) works on the other
      machine with no problems. Any pointers on what could cause this would
      be appreciated.

      TIA

      Gunter