564custom Serializer

  • Alexandre Maret
    Jul 3, 2001
      hi

      I'm trying to write a custom serializer. It will need to serialize a
      simple class but instead of writing all members as XML elements, some
      members will be output as element attributes:

      what I get using default serializer:

      <item>
      <id>...</id>
      <value1>...</value1>
      <value2>...</value2>
      </item>

      what I need:

      <item id="">
      <value1>...</value1>
      <value2>...</value2>
      </item>

      If I implement SOAP::Serializer::as_item(), what is the 3rd return value's
      type? Examples are only provided for very simple cases...

      Does anyone have a sample "transparent" SOAP::Serializer::as_XXX method
      that just calls the underlying Serializer methods, one that's working on a
      hash would be great?

      any pointers appreciated...

      thanks in advance

      alex