  • caboose@c-lab.de
    Jul 3, 2001
      Hi, I'm using DBI in a SOAP::LITE script, but whenever I try to
      connect to the database server, nothing happens, not even an error

      I tried the same connect in a normal skript and it worked fine.

      I have tried entering nonsense for the driver or host values and it
      does not give me an error message either.

      I'm fairly sure it's not a a CGI problem. It seems like the script
      continues without waiting for the connect to complete.

      I know DBI has trouble with multi-threading, so I wondered if
      SOAP::LITE puts the subs into a new thread.

      Anyone had this kind of problem before? Might be just some ENVvar
      problem but the DBI manual lists nonsuch.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic