5535Selecting the network interface from a SOAP::Lite client

  • Reuven M. Lerner
    Aug 11, 2006
      Hi, everyone. I've been using SOAP::Lite for a number of years, for a
      bunch of SOAP client applications. It has worked flawlessly during
      that time, and I greatly appreciate the work that has gone into it.

      Recently, my application's requirements have changed somewhat. The
      SOAP calls that I'll be making will be the same, but now I need to be
      able to choose from the client's available network interfaces. That
      is, I'll sometimes want to use eth0, sometimes eth1, sometimes eth2,
      etc. (My server is running Debian Linux.) What is the best way for
      me to change that setting?

      If I were working directly with sockets, then I would know what to do,
      but SOAP::Lite is a significantly higher-level library, and I don't
      see any obvious way -- short of modifying the SOAP::Lite source code
      -- to make such switching possible. I've looked through the
      documentation and mailing list archives, and haven't found anything.

      Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

      Reuven
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic