5521Newbie question on 'soapifying' existing modules

  • Chris Kacoroski
    Aug 2, 2006
      Hi,

      I have it installed and the examples work great. I have a high level
      module that uses Net::LDAP for account management that I want to turn
      into a soap service. My simple soap server is:

      #!/usr/bin/perl -w
      use lib '/usr/local/lib'; # where I have the LDAPSOAP module
      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;

      # the following are called from LDAPSOAP, why do I get an error
      # unless then are here
      use Net::LDAP;
      use Net::LDAPS;
      use Net::LDAP::Util qw(ldap_error_name);

      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      -> dispatch_to('/usr/local/lib')
      -> handle;

      The simple client is:

      #!/usr/bin/perl -w

      use SOAP::Lite;

      $s = SOAP::Lite
      -> uri('http://localhost/LDAPSOAP')
      -> proxy('http://localhost/cgi-bin/ldap.cgi');

      $r = $s->school2Server('fw');

      $server = $r->result();

      print "$server\n";

      ---------------------------------------

      The error I get is:

      p $r->faultstring
      Denied access to method (school2Server) in class (LDAPSOAP) at
      /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2499, <DATA> line 225.

      Questions:

      1. Why do I need the Net::XXXX calls in the soap server?
      2. Why am I getting method access denied.
      3. I was not able to get the server to work with modules that were
      linked into /usr/local/lib. I had to copy them this. Is this
      expected behavior.

      Thanks for your help. Thanks for writing the module.

      cheers,

      ski
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic