5269Newbie help. Err: Can't call method "name" without a package or object

  • sainttim1
    Mar 15, 2006
      I keep gettng the error:

      document/literal support is EXPERIMENTAL in SOAP::Lite at /Library/Per
      +l/5.8.6/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2818.
      Can't call method "name" without a package or object reference at /Lib
      +rary/Perl/5.8.6/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2980.

      With the following Soap function:
      sub soapGet(){
      my $service = SOAP::Lite
      -> service('http://ip/Info.asmx?WSDL');
      $service -> GetHospitalInfo();
      my $som = $service -> call;

      if ($som->fault) {
      print "SOAP FAULT:\n";
      print Dumper $som;
      This code runs great on one box running Perl 5.8.1 and Soap Lite .60, and on the other I
      keep getting the above error with Perl 5.8.6 and Soap Lite .67.
      I originally wrote the code on 5.8.1 and Soap .60, and it was fairly troublefree. But porting
      it to a new server to replace the old, with the latest perl and soap, has cause the above.
      Any ideas?
      Many thanks
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic