5197Re: [soaplite] Server implementation: stubmaker vs. roll-your-own ?

  • Eric Bridger
    Feb 9, 2006
      I'm no expert but I believe you have this backwards.

      A WSDL is published by a SOAP server and tells a SOAP client how to
      connect, what methods are available, what the paramters are, what should
      be returned, etc. The module produced by stubmaker.pl can be used to
      create a client.

      So the short answer is to roll your own server as you've done.'

      >Here though I need to
      > add the complex data types which are choking during
      > deserialization.

      Do you mean the incoming paramters or the data objects you are returning?

      Either way the answer is the same. Make use of SOAP::SOM and SOAP::Data to
      parse and construct complex objects.
      See- How to nest XML elements using SOAP::Lite at
      http://www.majordojo.com/archives/2003_04.html

      Eric

      napc_kai said:
      > all-
      >
      > hoping for some advice here.
      > I need to create a server to respond to a 3rd party client.
      > They have provided the WSDL file, and I have generated
      > a module using stubmaker.pl, but this is where I am stuck.
      > For a server do you define the actual sub function in that
      > module that are defined in the %methods hash, and they
      > are subsequently called when the incoming SOAP message
      > is dispatched ? It wasn't clear to me from what I've read
      > if this stub module is meant to be used when implementing
      > a server.
      >
      > After many hours of puzzlement and frustration I created
      > my own package that implements each function and is
      > successfully called by the client. Here though I need to
      > add the complex data types which are choking during
      > deserialization.
      >
      > So, from a server standpoint what is the best approach:
      > Using the module created by stubmaker.pl or just creating
      > your own package ?
      >
      > a nudge in the right direction would be much appreciated.
      >
      > thanks,
      >
      > -kai
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic