5115Re: [soaplite] Generating SOAP request manually?

  • Eric Bridger
    Jan 5, 2006
      You will need to use the SOAP::Data element to define both your method
      and your parameters

      See:

      http://www.majordojo.com/soaplite/docs/SOAP/Data.html#COMPOSING_MESSAGES_USING_RAW_XML

      Then use the SOAP::Lite->call method.

      See: (in a different context but shows the general idea)
      http://www.majordojo.com/soaplite/2003/04/how_to_specify.html

      HTH
      Eric

      On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 12:24, dongleuk wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm using a SOAP::Lite based client to call a method called "submit"
      > which takes a (fairly) complex xml structure as an argument. This
      > structure is used in other places so I don't want / need to generate
      > it using SOAP::Lite.
      >
      > I'm trying to call the method using something like:
      >
      > $soap = SOAP::Lite->new()
      > ->uri($uri)
      > ->proxy($proxy)
      > ->encprefix('')
      > ->encoding('UTF-8')
      > ->use_prefix(0)
      > ->encodingStyle(undef)
      > ->autotype(0)
      > ->submit($xml);
      >
      > which generates a request which looks like:
      >
      > <soap:Body>
      > <submit xmlns="http://workflowengine.ixico.net">
      > <c-gensym2>
      > <xmlstuff...>
      > </c-gensym2>
      > etc...
      >

      > The <c-gensym2> tags (which appear to be generated by
      > &SOAP::Serializer::gen_name) are causing the request to be rejected by
      > the (axis) server.
      >
      > Is it possible to either:
      > 1) Generate the request without the <c-gensym2> tags?
      >
      > or
      >
      > 2) Generate the entire SOAP request manually? Obviously this would be
      > fairly simple in this case since I just need to put <submit> tags
      > round the xml data.
      >
      > The SOAP::Lite man page seems to imply this is possible but doesn't
      > really describe how to - I'm guessing I need to supply an alternative
      > to SOAP::Serializer?
      >
      > Sorry if this is obvious / has been asked before but I can't find it
      > anywhere :)
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Rob
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links