5010Re: [soaplite] Re: Newbie question about SOAP:Lite

  • Eric Bridger
    Nov 15, 2005
      The key is upgrading to version 0.65

      On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 19:35, Fei Yang wrote: I tried this and it still
      doesn't work.
      I have already implemented a new method which returns
      a single string instead of an array of objects in
      service endpoint to walk around this problem.

      Here is the message from Bryan Reese:

      Axis does not support SOAP encoding, which is the
      default of SOAP::Lite.

      I would encourage you to install SOAP::Lite 0.65_6
      from sourceforge:

      Try calling the service using the updated software via
      WSDL. If it doesn't work, I would suggest you consult
      documentation at majordojo about how to compose a
      message manually:

      http://www.majordojo.com/soaplite/

      --- Eric Bridger <eric@...> wrote:

      > You service method call getAllLearningsDesigns will
      > return a reference
      > to an array which you must dereference:
      > my $ref = $ld_service->getAll....
      >
      > my @lds = @{$ref};
      >
      > Eric
      >

      > On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 22:30, fyang1024 wrote:
      > Thanks. Now It doesn't
      > report error any more.
      > But the result was unexpected.
      >
      > My Perl code is like this:
      > my $ld_service =
      > SOAP::Lite->service("$serverurl"."$relativeurl");
      >
      > my @lds =

      $ld_service->getAllLearningDesigns($serverid,$datetime,$hashvalue,$username);

      > print "$#lds\n";
      > foreach $ld (@lds){
      > print
      > "$ld{'id'},$ld{'workspace'},$ld{'title'}:\n";
      > }
      >
      > The @lds turned out to be empty, but on the server
      > side, Java reports
      > it sent out an array of 5 objects.
      >
      > I believe there's something wrong in my Perl code,
      > since the PHP/Java
      > clients I wrote both work well.
      >
      > Can anybody point it out? Many thanks.

      > 3. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      > the Yahoo! Terms of
      > Service.

      http://au.local.yahoo.com

      Protocol analyzer