4942soap::mime - problem to send attachment to a server

  • Sergey Denisenko
    Oct 18, 2005
      Hi

      I have a problem that close with many discussed here, but stargly
      different. I used examples from SOAP::Mime to send attachment to a
      local server (I used daemon) and failed. In the script:

      use SOAP::Lite trace => 'debug';
      use SOAP::MIME;
      use MIME::Entity;

      my $ent = build MIME::Entity
      Type => "image/gif",
      Encoding => "base64",
      Path => "somefile.gif",
      Filename => "saveme.gif",
      Disposition => "attachment";

      my $som = SOAP::Lite
      ->readable(1)
      ->uri('http://localhost/MIME_Test')
      ->parts([ $ent ])
      ->proxy('http://localhost:8087')
      ->echo(SOAP::Data->name("foo" => "bar"));

      (1) $ent is created OK (with http header and proper file text).
      (2) but trace shows that no attachment is sent, only envelope. No
      messages, and all other HTTP stuff looks OK (IMHO).
      (3) as a result server reports that received ($som = pop;)
      is SOAP::SOM object all right, but without parts.

      (4) Besides, the same examples works fine for sending attachment
      back - from server to client, but not directly.
      I use SOAP-MIME-0.55-7, SOAP::Lite 0.60, Perl 5.005_03 on Sun solaris

      Any hint is really appreciated.

      Thanks
      Sergey