4829Re: [soaplite] SOAP::SOM::parts() not returning ref to list of MIME::Entity

  • Duncan Cameron
    Aug 4, 2005
      At 2005-08-03, 23:22:57 you wrote:

      >Hello,
      >
      >I am trying to remove the SOAP::MIME from my Application since I am using
      >version 0.60-2, but I am not able to do it.
      >
      >The SOAP::SOM object with a MIME attachment is passed nicely to the remote
      >procedure as I can see if I dump it to log, but when I call 'parts' on
      >it, it returns an emtpy value rather than the expected array ref. When
      >I put back the 'use SOAP::MIME;', it works again. Have I misunderstood
      >that SOAP::MIME should be incorporated in this version?
      >
      >Below snippet fails on the 'parts' call(unles I 'use SOAP::MIME;':
      >
      >sub submit_result {
      > shift; # Package name, may be including package if called from SOAP
      > my ( $request_id, $filter_result, $output ) = @_;
      > $log->msg( 0, "Before attachment conditional for submit_result." );
      > if (ref $output eq 'SOAP::SOM' ){
      > $log->msg( 0, "Inside attachment conditional for submit_result." );
      > use Data::Dumper;
      > $log->msg( 0, Dumper($output) );
      > foreach my $part (@{ $output->parts() }) {
      > $output = $$part->bodyhandle->as_string;
      > }
      > } # Else content var is set.

      The patch was quite small but it may not be straightforward to apply it to a different S::L version. If you want to upgrade then let me know and I can send you the patch.

      Duncan
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic