4799Re: SOAP::Lite client for Axis WebService and complex objects

  • Andre Merzky
    Jul 20, 2005
      I am not good at WSDL files, but it seems to me it is
      missing a port type and operation. So, it does not specify
      what methods can be called. Wouldn't that be crucial?

      e.g. 'getCapabilities' does not appear in your wsdl.

      But then, as said, I could be completely of target...

      Andre.

      Quoting [gernot_stocker] (Jul 20 2005):
      > Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
      > Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
      > To: soaplite@yahoogroups.com
      > From: "gernot_stocker" <gernot.stocker@...>
      > Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:58:45 -0000
      > Subject: [soaplite] Re: SOAP::Lite client for Axis WebService and complex objects
      >
      > Shure... I just copied the text from my former post:
      > Thanks for your interest
      > Gernot
      >
      > Old message:
      >
      > Hi all,
      > I have implemented a webservice with Java Axis and would like to offer
      > my users a perl client, too. Some other people asked already questions
      > about serializing java objects etc. on this list but they didn't get
      > an answer.
      >
      > I have just ONE specific question about creating/sending a SOAP/Java
      > Object back to the server. Hopefully THIS question will be answered.
      >
      > I'm using SOAP::Lite version 0.65 Beta 6 and was quite impressed by
      > its functionality and its easy usage.
      >
      > I tried two ways of creating out of the wsdl file (created by axis)
      > end ended up all the time with the same message:
      >
      > 1.) I used the stubmaker.pl and it created me a great class:
      > connecting to the service, calling methods with simple datatypes as
      > arguments and getting/accessing complex objects is working fine. But
      > as soon as I get an object from the server that must be send back to
      > the server the client is claming that
      >
      > "JavaObjectName" can't be found in a schema class 'SOAP::Serializer'
      >
      > The object schema in the wsdl-type-definition and contains just
      > simple datatypes like strings. Do I have to write a serializer for
      > every custom object or is there just an error in the wsdl file?
      >
      > <wsdl:types>
      > <schema targetNamespace="urn:JTestVO"
      > xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
      > <import namespace="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"/>
      > <import namespace="http://ejb.javax"/>
      > <import namespace="http://exception.myservice.localhost"/>
      > <import namespace="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/myservice"/>
      > <import namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
      > <complexType name="JTestVO">
      > <sequence>
      > <element name="firstname" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
      > <element name="lastname" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
      > </sequence>
      > </complexType>
      > </schema>
      > </wsdl:types>
      >
      > results in
      > "JTestVO" can't be found in a schema class 'SOAP::Serializer'
      >
      > 2.) Method
      >
      > use strict;
      > use SOAP::Lite;
      > use Data::Dumper;
      > use MIME::Entity;
      > print "Calling Soap Server:\n\n";
      > my $service=SOAP::Lite->service('file:./Test.xml.wsdl');
      > my $id_vo=$service->getData("123123");
      > print "\nTest: ".$id_vo->{"firstname"};
> [...]

      | Andre Merzky | phon: +31 - 20 - 598 - 7759 |
      | Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) | fax : +31 - 20 - 598 - 7653 |
      | Dept. of Computer Science | mail: merzky@... |
      | De Boelelaan 1083a | www: http://www.merzky.net |
      | 1081 HV Amsterdam, Netherlands | |