4733mod_perl, apache-2 and soap::lite?

  • Andre Merzky
    Jun 10, 2005
      I might be missing the obvious, but I don't seem to be able
      to get SOAP::Lite working on apache2/perl_mod without stupid
      hacks. In particular, apache2/modperl seems to send the
      header stuff (Content-type: text/xml; charset=utf-8\n\n
      etc), and SOAP::Lite seems to send it again. If I filter
      that out in XML/Parser.pm (Ugh!) evrython works fine.

      Now, I goggled and searched archive, and the way seems to
      use different soap transport, so instead of

      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI

      as proposed by SOAP::Lite docu, use

      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache
      SOAP::HTTP2

      or something. Well, that is the question really: I did not
      get any of the suggestions running successfully: either did
      not fix the problem, or did not work with Apache2 and
      mod_perl.

      Anybody having that running cleanly?

      Or anybody knows how I can tell SOAP::Lite to shut up and
      just send the XML, nothing before?

      Many thanks, Andre.

      | Andre Merzky | phon: +31 - 20 - 598 - 7759 |
      | Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) | fax : +31 - 20 - 598 - 7653 |
      | Dept. of Computer Science | mail: merzky@... |
      | De Boelelaan 1083a | www: http://www.merzky.net |
      | 1081 HV Amsterdam, Netherlands | |