4722Wierd problem making SOAP service work

  • Alan Young
    May 29, 2005
      I'm trying to make a fortune service work with xmlhttprequest on a web page.

      I've created a services.hpp.com subdomain and my test client loads a
      fortune just fine from that subdomain.

      However, because of the limitations of xmlhttprequest I have to
      provide the service from the same domain that the page was loaded
      from. So I created a directory called services ( hpp.com/services ).
      I get the following error message:

      SOAPENV: ClientFailed to access class (services::Fortunes): Can't
      locate Fortune.pm in @INC (@INC contains /var/www/services) at
      /var/www/services/Fortunes.pm at line 5. BEGIN failed--compilation
      aborted ...

      I know what this means, but not why I'm getting it. I can't even 'use
      lib' because lib.pm isn't in @INC and pushing the relevant dirs onto
      @INC doesn't seem to help.

      The entries in the httpd.conf file look like this:

      <VirtualHost *>
      ServerName services.harleypigprogramming.com

      <Location "/">
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler Apache::SOAP
      SetPerlVar dispatch_to "/var/www/services, Fortunes"
      </Location>
      </VirtualHost *>

      <VirtualHost *>
      ServerName harleypigprogramming.com

      <Location "/services">
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler Apache::SOAP
      SetPerlVar dispatch_to "/var/www/services, Fortunes"
      </Location>
      </VirtualHost>

      I know it's something incredibly simple and stoopid, but I can't
      figure out what it is. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
      --
      Alan
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic