4721Re: SOAP::Lite strings with national characters is encoded as base64Binary

  • eric-amick@comcast.net
    May 28, 2005
      > I got a SOAP::Lite based server which communicates with a java client,
      > most of the communication work well - however at one point the server is
      > sending the client a hash containing some data. If one of the values in
      > this hash contains one of the danish national characters (�,� or �) the
      > value will be send as base64Binary instead of as s string. The problem
      > exists whereever the string is encoded as iso-8859-1(5) or as UTF8. Can
      > anybody tell me howto force this to be encoded as a string ?.

      Assuming $text contains the string value, you need to use the following:

      SOAP::Data->type(string => $text)

      By default, SOAP::Lite's data type auto-recognition routines expect strings to be in ASCII.

      --
      Eric Amick
      Columbia, MD