4717SOAP::Lite strings with national characters is encoded as base64Binary

  • Ask Holme
    May 27, 2005
      Hey

      I got a SOAP::Lite based server which communicates with a java client,
      most of the communication work well - however at one point the server is
      sending the client a hash containing some data. If one of the values in
      this hash contains one of the danish national characters (æ,ø or å) the
      value will be send as base64Binary instead of as s string. The problem
      exists whereever the string is encoded as iso-8859-1(5) or as UTF8. Can
      anybody tell me howto force this to be encoded as a string ?.

      --
      Ask Holme
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic