4644UPDATED Re: Question using .NET wsdl file in perl client

  • obc_spike
    May 4, 2005
      After tinkering a bit with my perl client connecting to a .NET server, I have this:

      #!/usr/bin/perl -w

      use strict;
      use SOAP::Lite +trace=>'debug';

      my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      ->service('http://www.francisshanahan.com/TheHolyBible.asmx?wsdl')
      ->ListBooks();

      bless $soap, "SOAP::SOM";

      for ($soap->valueof("//bible_content")) {
      print $_->BookTitle, ' - ', $_->Book, "\n";
      }

      Examining the trace output shows the data is being passed back to $soap and the bless
      statement allows me to use valueof. However, the print statement shows nothing. It
      outputs one empty line and that's it. Any idea why I'm not getting to the data in $soap?

      Matthew
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic