4630expat parse error causes call stack corruption

  • kgoess
    May 3, 2005
      We've just run into this problem using SOAP::Lite 0.60 on Apache
      1.33 on Perl 5.8.6 using SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache and
      dispatch_with handlers.

      When our application receives a POST with malformed XML it returns a
      soap fault with a "not well-formed (invalid token)" error from
      XML::Parser.

      But when the next hit comes in to that apache process, our method
      call is given the parameters from the SOAP call we got *before* the
      one with the bad xml.

      So if the client hits our server with

      mymethod('tiger','woods')
      mymethod(junk xml ...)
      mymethod('arnold','palmer')

      our logs clearly show "arnold palmer" in the incoming xml, but our
      function is called with "tiger woods".

      Has anybody else seen this? Is it a known problem? Is there a
      workaround?
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic