4624Re: [soaplite] Accessing HTTP Auth from a SOAP service

  • paul.hampson@pobox.com
    May 2 6:27 PM
      On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 07:36:03AM -0700, Byrne Reese wrote:
      > You can't do that in 0.60. Try 0.65.

      > But you could use mod_auth_mysql or my_auth_postgres which are Apache
      > plugins which will automatically do username/passsword lookups for you
      > from a set of Basic Auth credentials.

      That wouldn't help, as I need to know which record it was that the
      username/password identified.

      > http://www.majordojo.com/archives/000636.php

      This covers the client, but I need to do it in the server-side
      functions, where I don't actually have any SOAP objects.

      I can get the SOM by putting something in @ISA, but I can't see
      how I can use that to get to the HTTP::Request.

      > Paul TBBle Hampson wrote:
      >
      > >I'm creating a SOAP service which I want to
      > >username/password protect, against the database
      > >the service modifies.
      > >
      > >It seems to me that the easiest way to do this
      > >would be to have access to the username/password
      > >sent in by the client via HTTP basic auth
      > >available somehow to the eventual perl functions.
      > >
      > >However, I can't see any way to do this.
      > >
      > >Have I missed something important, or am I trying
      > >to do something impossible?
      > >
      > >I'm on the Debian 0.60 package at the moment,
      > >and using the mod_soap (Apache::SOAP mod_perl
      > >handler) method to run, although I can change
      > >that if needed. (I'd _rather_ run it through
      > >Apache2 since I get access it's HTTPS setup
      > >for free that way. ^_^)

      Paul "TBBle" Hampson, on an alternate email client.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic