4538Re: [soaplite] Removal Of Namespace Prefix From Element

  • Juan Fco Rodriguez
    Apr 4 9:16 AM
      On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Joe Hourcle wrote:

      > On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Byrne Reese wrote:
      >

      >> In 0.60 and 0.65_3 there is a subroutine called use_prefix(true|false)
      >> which turns on|off default namespacing.
      >>
      >> In the full release of 0.65 I will probably deprecate this function and
      >> rename it to "use_default_ns(true|false)."
      >>
      >> I am also considering using default namespaces by default. Anyone have
      >> any thoughts on this proposal?
      >
      > I'd probably prefer:
      >
      > use_default_ns( true | false | string )

      Hello,

      I'm newbie to all this stuff, but I was having problems trying
      to always get the same autogenerated namespace on the <...Response>
      element, so I would greatly appreciate to be able to specify the
      namespace as a string, as Joe suggests in his mail. I needed to
      refer to the autogenerated namespace in nested elements...then
      I realized that I could do it in other way so I dont have this
      problem any more, but it might be interesting to let users select
      the default namespace beside turn it on or off. I'm full of doubts,
      but hope this helps :P

      > Where if you could then feed in a string to be used rather than the
      > automatic numbering of namespaces. (so I can be lazy, and not have to
      > specify all of my items in the serializer's type mapping, or write my own
      > serializer, just so I can override maptypetouri().)
      >

      > Of course, I haven't actually looked at the current beta, so I don't know
      > what's changed from the version that I've been hacking at (0.60a), so what
      > sort of other implications this might have, or if this has been resolved
      > through other means.
      >
      > -----
      > Joe Hourcle
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links