  • Joe McMahon
    Mar 13, 2005
      > Looks like wsdl2perl provides a simpler way of creating the necessary
      > stubs ( not just the methods but also complex obj. definitions and
      > corresponding Serializer DeSerializer Implementations unlike
      > stubmaker.pl) - perhaps an equivalent of WSDL2Java.
      > However, I am unable to get wsdl2perl working. Not sure if I did not
      > have the prerequisites properly set up (correct SOAP::Lite version,
      > perl version and related modules)..
      > Any input on this or any other related tool will be of great help!
      The only real success I've had with SOAP::Lite and WSDL is with the
      SOAP::Lite->service() call, and even that is fraught with complexities
      - e.g., you're fine as long as everything goes right, but trying to
      actually find out the status of what went wrong should there be a
      failure at the far end is difficult to say the least - i ended up
      ferreting down into the SOAP::Lite SOM object to get to the actual
      error messages.

      As far as custom serialization/deserialization, I can't tell you. I
      used very simple interfaces between my services (though I did find it
      possible to talk between SOAP::Lite and Python ZSI very nicely).

      --- Joe M.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic