4461SOAP::Lite and broken pipe on client timeout

  • Shlomo Yona
    Mar 6, 2005

      I tried to define a timeout for a SOAP client:

      my $timeout = 1;
      my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      -> uri('urn:FooBar')
      -> proxy('http://localhost:9009', timeout => $timeout)

      My client gets an undefined object from its method call upon
      timeout (peeking into the fault data, reveals that it was due to a
      So far so good.

      It seems that the timeout breaks something, so the server
      dies too (I get a "Broken pipe" on the server's side).

      Anyone knows why the server dies and how to avoid that?

      I'm avoiding it now by ignoring sig-pipe signals:
      However, I wonder why this happens and why isn't any of the
      lower layers is handling this.