4455SOAP::Lite +wsdl in a object-oriented way

  • and11_bf
    Mar 5, 2005
      Hello.

      I'm complete newbie in SOAP::Lite, so please be elenient.

      I'm using combination of Apache + mod_perl + Apache::SOAP from SOAP::Lite
      distribution.

      I'm trying to understand process of object creation on server side
      while using WSDL.

      For example, I have service 'Hello', represented by module Hello.pm on
      server side. I want to call Hello's constructor, passing some data as
      its arguments and use it in subsequent calls. But after reading
      SOAP::Lite pod doc., I still can't find the way of creating Hello object.
      All the samples I've found demonstrate how to make service calls
      described by WSDL in non-OO way, i.e.

      use SOAP::Lite;
      print SOAP::Lite
      -> service('http://www.xmethods.net/sd/StockQuoteService.wsdl')
      -> getQuote('MSFT');

      But how can I call getQuote as object method rather than class one ?
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Andrew
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic