4397Re: Need help with proxy setting

  • h2ofaull
    Feb 4, 2005
      I'm having the same problem with proxies...

      In Windows, I only have to set the environment variable "http_proxy"
      and SOAP::Lite does the right thing. On my Debian GNU/Linux box,
      however, SOAP::Lite does not respect my "http_proxy" environment
      variable (verified with Ethereal). Other programs (e.g., wget) use
      the http_proxy environment variable, so I've got it set properly.

      Versions don't seem to be the issue - I'm using v0.55 in Windows and
      v0.65beta2 on Debian, but I tried v0.55 in Debian with the same behavior.

      Whoever finds a solution to this - please post! I'll do the same.
      Race you. :)

      -brian

      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Edi Goetschel" <egoetschel@y...> wrote:

      > > You need to pass some parameters that will be passed through to
      > > LWP::UserAgent. I think that the syntax is somethning like
      > >
      > > SOAP::Lite->proxy('http://xxx.com', proxy => {http =>
      > > 'your.http.proxy'});
      >
      > Both, LWP::UserAgent and SOAP::Lite? As Newbie I'm lost in code...
      >
      > I tried this without success:
      >
      > #!/path/to/perl -w
      >
      > use SOAP::Lite;
      >
      > my $s = SOAP::Lite
      > -> uri('urn:XXX')
      > -> proxy('http://to/the/webService',
      > proxy => 'http://my.proxy:80');
      >
      > And I tried this:
      >
      > #!/path/to/perl -w
      >
      > use LWP::UserAgent;
      > use SOAP::Lite;
      >
      > $ua = new LWP::UserAgent;
      > $ua->proxy('http' => 'http://my.proxy:80');
      >
      > my $s = SOAP::Lite
      > -> uri('urn:XXX')
      > -> proxy('http://to/the/webService',
      > proxy=>$ua);
      >

      > The error message for the second is:
      >
      > Not an ARRAY reference at /path/to/LWP/UserAgent.pm
      >
      > How have I to construct this?
      >
      > Edi
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic