4395Re: [soaplite] Re: Need help with proxy setting

  • Duncan Cameron
    Feb 4, 2005
      --- Edi Goetschel <egoetschel@...> wrote:

      > Dear Gary
      >
      > Same or similar problem for me. I get the error "500 Can't connect to
      > xxx.xxxxxxxxx.com:80 (Timeout)".
      >
      > The same script works without any problem on a external server.
      >
      > Have you found a solution?
      >
      > Does anybody else know what to do?
      >
      > Edi
      >

      > --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "garygrub" <gary_grubb@a...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > I have working clients that talk to my intranet webservices.
      > However,
      > > I have a need to contact a webservice that is outside the company
      > > firewall. The line -> proxy('http://web-proxy:9999') does not do
      > the
      > > trick. I get a 503 Service not available error. I am fairly certain
      >
      > > the service is available, since I can get to the service endpoint
      > via
      > > the web.

      You need to pass some parameters that will be passed through to
      LWP::UserAgent. I think that the syntax is somethning like

      SOAP::Lite->proxy('http://xxx.com', proxy => {http =>
      'your.http.proxy'});

      This should be in the docs but I cannot see it straightaway.

      Duncan