4316Re: SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon::SSL ???

  • h2ofaull
    Jan 11, 2005
      Greetings,

      I'm sure this is a straightforward problem, but I've searched the
      soaplite archives, and 3 suggested books on the subject to no avail...
      and it seems to be related to this thread.

      The code posted previously appears to be the server-side of the SSL
      certificate issue -- is there a simple solution for the client side?
      I have the .CER certificate file, but I can't seem to "install" it or
      figure out how to reference it in my client when I'm connecting to the
      server.

      Has anyone done this and could tell me how to reference or "install"
      my certificate client-side for a HTTPS connection with need for a
      certificate?

      Again, I hope this is simple! Thanks for your time...
      -brian

      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Bryce Harrington <bryce@o...> wrote:
      > On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, laurentf_ml wrote:
      > > > For my project, we've got a similar need, but it appears that
      > > because
      > > > Perl lacks decent certificate management, ssl can't be used in
      > > daemon
      > > > mode.
      > > >
      > > > We'd be interested in collaborating with others to try to get
      this
      > > issue
      > > > solved.
      > >
      > > Hello Bryce,
      > >
      > > I'm happy to learn that I'm not alone :-)
      > >
      > > here are the results of my searchs done before posting here :
      > >
      > > http://search.cpan.org/~reatmon/Net-HTTPServer-1.0
      > > .2/lib/Net/HTTPServer.pm
      > >

      > Hi Laurent,
      >
      > We think we've figured out how to handle the SSL capabilities. In
      our
      > daemon we pass the following options into SOAP::
      Transport::HTTP::Daemon:

      > my %args;
      > $args{'LocalPort'} = 8081;
      > $args{'ReuseAddr'} = 1;
      > $args{'Listen'} = 5;
      > if ($opt_ssl) {
      > $args{'SSL_key_file'} = $opt_ssl_key_file;
      > $args{'SSL_cert_file'} = $opt_ssl_cert_file;
      > }
      >
      > my $daemon = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon
      > -> new ( %args )
      > -> dispatch_to('WebService::TestSystem')
      > -> options({compress_threshold => 10000})
      > ;
      >
      > print "Contact to SOAP server at ", $daemon->url, "\n";
      > $daemon->handle;
      >

      > Hope this helps,
      > Bryce
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic