4251re:Question about complex types

  • Brian Sedgley
    Dec 14, 2004
      No it is complaining about the fact that the Message is being sent.  I do not have control of the soap server and i think it is running sax2 . I would agree that it would be nice if it ignored the message according to the version of Schema they are using http://www.w3.org/2001/06/soap-envelope and  look under complex type "encodingStyle"   is not included as a valid selection as part of the env.(maybe I am reading it wrong)  also ran it through XMLspy and it also complained about the fact that "encodingStyle"  is in the envlope  for a complex type. here is the response that is given in raw xml form.

      <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><SOAP-ENV:Header/><SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode><faultstring>cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' is not allowed to appear in element 'SOAP-ENV:Envelope'.</faultstring><detail><axl:Error xmlns:axl="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/1.0"><axl:code>5001</axl:code><axl:message>cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' is not allowed to appear in element 'SOAP-ENV:Envelope'.</axl:message></axl:Error></detail></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

      But the long and short of it is I need to make this work and I can't change the server side.

      Please let me know if there is a solution

      Thanks

      Brian

      Byrne Reese <byrne@...> wrote:
      Not currently.

      I am surprised that your SOAP client is complaining, as it is a
      perfectly legitimate attribute to have in a SOAP message. What client
      are you using?

      Are you sure it is complaining about the element's presence in the
      message, or its value?

      Brian Sedgley wrote:

      > I have went searched the mailer for the solution for this problem I
      > have seen other people ask this question but have not seen the answer.
      >  The request I am makeing is of a complex type. When ever I get a soap
      > fault it always complains about the 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' being in
      > the soap message.   Complex type messages should not enclude encoding
      > style at least according to the schema I am working with.  is there an
      > easy way to get rid of encoding style?
      >  thanks
      > Brian

      > use SOAP::Lite;
      > use XML::Simple;
      > use Data::Dumper;
      > $result = SOAP::Lite ->new() -> outputxml(1)
      >    -> uri('http<servername>/PerlScripts/axl/axlsoap.xsd')
      >    -> proxy('https://XXXX:XXXXX@<servername>8443/axl/listener')
      >    -> getPhone(SOAP::Data->name('phoneName' => "SEP00070ef73adf"));
      >

      > my $config = XMLin($result,KeyAttr =>'');
      > print Dumper($return{'SOAP-ENV:Body'}->{ 'axl:getPhoneResponse'
      > }->{'return'});

      The HTML graphics in this message have been displayed. [Edit Preferences - What's This?]

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic