4227Re: SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon::SSL ???

  • laurentf_ml
    Dec 2, 2004
      > For my project, we've got a similar need, but it appears that
      because
      > Perl lacks decent certificate management, ssl can't be used in
      daemon
      > mode.
      >
      > We'd be interested in collaborating with others to try to get this
      issue
      > solved.

      Hello Bryce,

      I'm happy to learn that I'm not alone :-)

      here are the results of my searchs done before posting here :

      http://search.cpan.org/~reatmon/Net-HTTPServer-1.0
      .2/lib/Net/HTTPServer.pm

      which has this interesting option :

      ssl => 0|1 - Run a secure server using SSL. You must
      specify ssl_key, ssl_cert, and ssl_ca if
      set this to 1.
      ( Default: 0 )

      (but how to do the "glue" with Soaplite ?)

      and

      http://search.cpan.org/~behroozi/HTTP-Daemon-SSL-1.01/SSL.pm

      by looking in Soaplite source code, I ask myself if this one couldn't
      be added in HTTP.pm ( as a "SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon::SSL" )

      ... but it's probably beyond my perl capabilities !

      regards,
      Laurent F.

      > Bryce
      >
      > On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, laurentf_ml wrote:
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > I would like to write a little stand-alone soap server, which is
      very
      > > easy with SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon, but, for security
      reasons, I
      > > would like to use HTTPS instead of HTTP.
      > >
      > > Is something like this possible (whithout apache) ?
      > >
      > > regards,
      > > Laurent F.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic