4172client daemon increasing memory

  • zperlcoder
    Nov 9, 2004
      I have a daemon monitoring a directory and sending files using
      SOAP::Lite to a .NET SOAP service. Everything seemed ok until I
      looked at the memory...my daemon kept on growing and I believe I
      narrowed it down to the SOAP::Lite portion of the code (not claiming
      to have found the culprit...). The following snippet reproduces the
      behaviour:

      while(1){
      my $soap;
      unless( eval { $soap = SOAP::Lite
      -> proxy("http://ipaddress/blabla.asmx")
      -> uri("http://blabla/")
      -> namespace("blabla")
      -> on_action(sub{join '', @_});
      }
      ){
      print "ERROR: $@\n";
      }else{
      my $response = $soap->Method() };
      etc...
      }
      sleep(5);
      }

      If the client can't connect to the server (HTTP return code 5xx or
      4xx) which is caught by the eval statement and continues to run in
      its while loop, the memory size keeps on growing...is that the
      expected behaviour? If it is, which changes do I need to make to
      keep a constant memory footprint? (version .60a)

      Thanks in advance for your help!

      Alex
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic