4154ANN: WebService::TicketAuth 1.00

  • Bryce Harrington
    Nov 4, 2004
      Hi all,

      I've expanded a bit on Paul Kulchenko's 'TicketAuth' module to turn it
      into a reusable authentication component for web services, for a project
      I'm working on at OSDL (http://stp.sf.net). The module is now uploaded
      to CPAN as WebService::TicketAuth.

      http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/dist/WebService-TicketAuth

      Essentially, I've converted the code into a base class that can be
      derived from to hook it into your site's own password validation
      system.

      This differs from other authentication systems on CPAN in that it can be
      run directly atop a SOAP daemon (i.e., no Apache needed). I've created
      a simple example of this consisting of a derived auth module, a daemon
      script, and two client scripts - one to log in and get a ticket, the
      other to use the ticket to obtain protected access to the service.

      Feedback (and patches) are much appreciated.

      One area we're a bit stuck on is how to implement an SSL layer on top of
      this - we'd prefer to not send passwords in the clear. I would much
      appreciate advice on this.

      Thanks,
      Bryce Harrington
      bryce@...

      On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Paul Kulchenko wrote:

      > Bryce,
      >
      > If you're talking about this module [1] feel free to use and modify
      > it any way you want. It hasn't been uploaded to CPAN only because I
      > wrote it as an example on how it can be done, and it's very much
      > specific to the way SOAP::Lite does things.
      >
      > Technically it's under the same license as Perl itself; if you can
      > keep my name in it is good, if not, that's fine too. If you need
      > anything more formal (like a statement that it's distributed under
      > such and such license) let me know.
      >
      > Paul.
      >
      > [1] http://guide.soaplite.com/TicketAuth.pm_
      >
      > --- Bryce Harrington <bryce@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi Paul,
      > >
      > > I'm developing a GPL'd web service. I'd like to use your TicketAuth
      > > module for this - what license are you providing it under? Can I
      > > make use of it under the GPL or Artistic license?
      > >
      > > Also, would you mind if I uploaded it to CPAN?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Bryce

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic