405Re: [soaplite] SOAP::Lite interoperability

    May 28, 2001
      Hi, J!

      > I'd like to know if it's possible to use, off-the-shelf, a
      > SOAP::Lite
      > server with a, for instance, Java client, or both need to use a
      > WSDL description to understand each other.
      No, you don't need to have/use WSDL description for that. From
      SOAP::Lite you can access any service without WSDL description
      (though you may use it in some situations). Answer about Java client
      depends on what kind of SOAp toolkit you're using, because more than
      ten Java toolkits are available and some of them are using WSDL and
      some of them are not (like ApacheSOAP).

      > If anybody has managed to to so, are there examples available?
      SOAP::Lite includes several examples, but no examples with Java as a
      client (mainly because of so many different java impl. available).
      What is your client?

      > While you're at it, is there a way to automatically generate WSDL
      > descriptions from PERL data structures?
      Not yet. Future versions will address this problem.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- "J. J. Merelo" <jmerelo@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I'd like to know if it's possible to use, off-the-shelf, a
      > SOAP::Lite
      > server with a, for instance, Java client, or both need to use a
      > WSDL
      > description to understand each other. If anybody has managed to to
      > so,
      > are there examples available?
      >
      > While you're at it, is there a way to automatically generate WSDL
      > descriptions from PERL data structures?
      >
      > Thanks!

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic