4040Re: [soaplite] SOAP::Lite Client Request Accept Pre-made XML?

  • Byrne Reese
    Oct 19, 2004
      Jeff,

      I encourage you to take a look at the following article which discusses
      how to serialize a message using literal, handcoded XML:

      http://www.majordojo.com/archives/000017.php

      Let me know if this solves your problem.

      Jeff Nokes wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I'm trying to use SOAP::Lite as a client to interface with an internal
      > SOAP
      > based API at my company. My client platform is Linux/mod_perl and the
      > server
      > platform is Java. The API requests are extremely large and complex,
      > and I've
      > had no succuess using SOAP::Schema or the stubmaker utility in
      > generating the
      > proper SOAP envelope with the company provided WSDL. I've looked at
      > SOAP::Data::Builder a little, but I'm not sure this would solve my
      > problem,
      > and even if it did, it would be a lot of up front work just to
      > generate the
      > proper request schema. I am, however, able to derive the proper request
      > envelopes statically (and quickly), using a desktop XML editor that
      > can parse
      > WSDL (XML Spy).
      >
      > Because I am able to do this, and in the interest of saving time, I
      > was hoping
      > there was a way to just provide the pre-formatted SOAP XML request
      > envelopes
      > to SOPA::Lite, bypassing any SOAP::Data and SOAP::Serializer steps
      > all-together, and just have SOAP::Lite take care of the transport and
      > response
      > portion of the request/response cycle. I was looking at the code for
      > SOAP::Lite and SOAP::Transport::HTTP and cannot see any point in the code
      > where one could just easily insert their own envelope structure for
      > transport.
      >
      > I guess my question is ... Is it possible to to insert your own request
      > envelope and if so, how/where can I do it?
      >
      > Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.
      > Cheers,
      > - Jeff
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic