3782RE: [soaplite] wrong encoding (perhabs caused by utf8?)

  • Maurice McCabe
    Jul 20, 2004
      Message
      The XML standard requires that certain characters contained within the XML document content be escaped. Otherwise it is not a legal XML document. I use the following subroutine to do the substitution. It only contains the values I needed to escape. There may be other values not included in my list.

      sub escape {
          # must escape certain characters or the XML document is invalid
          my ($str) = @_;
          $str =~ s/</&lt;/g;
          $str =~ s/>/&gt;/g;
          $str =~ s/&/&amp;/g;
          $str =~ s/"/&quote;/g;
          $str =~ s/'/&apos;/g;

          # strip out invalid characters (according to Mircosoft)

          return $str;
      }

      Regards,

      Maurice