      From: Tilman Baumann [mailto:tilman.baumann@...]
      Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 11:41 AM
      To: Sinha, Madhukar [IT]
      Cc: soaplite@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [soaplite] soaplite and SSL

      For ssl usage at the server side, i used mod_proxy from apache.

      In an ssl activatet apache location:
      ProxyPass /proxy-url http://127.0.0.1:10000/

      So you can access the locally running http daemon on proxy url
      https://server/proxy-url

      Of course thats not hat you are looking for.
      Bu i think maybe this would be interesting for the group. Because i
      found no way to make a https SOAP::Lite server as a daemon.
      Alternatively you could use a LD_PRELOAD hack to use ssl socket instead
      of normal sockets, but his is a uglu hack. More ugly than my. ;)

      But to answer your request.
      You have of just to build the perl module with ssl support and you will
      be able to connect to a https webservice. (that schould be the way, dit
      not test.)

      --
      Tilman Baumann

      pyramid computer GmbH
      Boetzinger Strasse 60 D-79111 Freiburg

      They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve
      neither liberty or security
      - Benjamin Franklin
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic