3635hyphens in service function names

  • Andrew Dolbey
    Jun 2, 2004
      Hi all,

      Has anyone here tried to make use of a web service where the function name for calling the service has a hyphen in it?  Some languages (e.g., Lisp) allow the developer to use hyphens pretty much everywhere.  But in Perl, we get for a run on code like this:

        my $service = SOAP::Lite
                 -> service('file:/net/freddy/data/descriptron_1.1/src/descriptron.wsdl');

        my $func = 'd-mapper-request';

         my $res = $service->$func;

      this sort of response:

         Bad stub: Bareword "d" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at (eval 86) line 6.
         Bareword "mapper" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at (eval 86) line 6.
          at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.3/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2773

      I was hoping that having the function name be the value of a scalar variable would keep this from happening.  But those hopes were dashed.

      Anybody have any ideas?

      Andy
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic