      Von: Phil Franklin [mailto:pwf_cf@...]
      Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. Juni 2004 09:35
      An: soaplite@yahoogroups.com
      Betreff: Re: [soaplite] Notice: perl -W

      Dear all:

      This is also the answer to my previous post: [soaplite] CGI: IIS 6 behaving differently to IIS 5. Removed the shebang line from the server side script, which contained the -w switch, and hey presto.

      The script was generating warnings. It seems IIS 5 is a lot more forgiving of this than IIS 6.

      Thanks for the hint!
      Phil

      "Víctor_A._Rodríguez" <victor@...> wrote:
      Hi Malte,

      > i've had a problem with getting no responses from my SOAP::Lite Server.
      > This "error" was due
      > to the fact that i used "perl -W" in the first line of my server-script.
      > I have not found
      > a notice to this problem in the documentation. I know that this is not a
      > bug of SOAP::Lite but
      > would propose that someone puts this notice into the Cookbook or the
      > users-guide as other
      > persons could have similar trouble if they try to use perl -W.

      I think I had the same problem some time ago. When using perl -w and a
      Pure Perl XML::Parser it becomes soooo sloooooooow.

      Take a look at http://trex.sourceforge.net/users/en/first.html#require

      Cheers.
      --
      Víctor A. Rodríguez (http://www.bit-man.com.ar)
      El bit Fantasma (bit-man)

      This is also the answer to my previous post: [soaplite] CGI: IIS 6 behaving differently to IIS 5. Removed the shebang line from the server side script, which contained the -w switch, and hey presto.

      The script was generating warnings. It seems IIS 5 is a lot more forgiving of this than IIS 6.

      Thanks for the hint!
      Phil

      "Víctor_A._Rodríguez" <victor@...> wrote:
      Hi Malte,

      > i've had a problem with getting no responses from my SOAP::Lite Server.
      > This "error" was due
      > to the fact that i used "perl -W" in the first line of my server-script.
      > I have not found
      > a notice to this problem in the documentation. I know that this is not a
      > bug of SOAP::Lite but
      > would propose that someone puts this notice into the Cookbook or the
      > users-guide as other
      > persons could have similar trouble if they try to use perl -W.

      I think I had the same problem some time ago. When using perl -w and a
      Pure Perl XML::Parser it becomes soooo sloooooooow.

      Take a look at http://trex.sourceforge.net/users/en/first.html#require

      Cheers.
      --
      Víctor A. Rodríguez (http://www.bit-man.com.ar)