3615Binary data exchange between .NET and soaplite?

  • herwighenseler
    May 28, 2004
      Hi,

      I'm currently designing a webservice which will be
      implemented in perl with the help of SOAP::Lite.
      The clients will use .NET and gSOAP.

      Problem: I need to exchange binary data files from
      client to server and vice versa. Saving bandwidth is
      critical as there will be a lot of binary data exchanged.

      SOAP::Lite handles MIME. Currently no DIME (will be added this
      summer).

      .NET handles DIME. No MIME. Same for gSOAP.

      Does anyone have experience what's my best
      option here? Base64 encoded strings as parameters?

      TIA,
      Herwig