3574RE: [soaplite] CGI: IIS 6 behaving differently to IIS 5

  • Matt Long
    May 12, 2004

      Just enter the exact error message into a google search and you will get a bunch of possibilities. I ran it and saw that people were suggesting things such as:

      -          The header is getting sent twice ( check the output for this line: “Content-type: text/html\n\n” )

      -          The script is not exiting out when a redirect occurs

      -          Script permissions aren’t set properly

      -          .cgi has not been added to IIS as an extension

      -          etc.

      Another thing to do is to create a more trivial script, like this:

      #!C:/perl/bin/perl

      print “Content-type: text/html\n\n”;

      print “hello world!”;

      exit;

      Test that out. If that works, then start removing code from your script until it does actually run. Then you’ll know approximately which code is failing.

      Best regards,

      -Matt