3566can(method)

  • Klaus Guenter
    May 11 7:07 AM
      Hi, list!

      I dont think, I'm the first to stumble over that, but where the heck
      do I find the can() method. Lots of methods are generated on the fly, AFAICS
      but no "can"

      Background:

      I would like to implement access control based on hosts/uid/.... and I dont
      want to reinvent the wheel. I got the hint at perl monks to look for "->can"
      and found a lot of "if $o->can(method) then do something" but no
      definition/generation of this method.

      Any hint is appreciated.

      Confused,
      Klaus
      --
      People often find it easier to be a result of the past than a cause of
      the future.