3483Array type and element subtype

  • sjwaud
    Apr 7, 2004
      Hi all..
      Trying to get a perl client working correctly with a WebMethods
      Glue server. The problem I'm running into is that I need to send
      back an array of anyType with each array element potentially being a
      different type. Something like:

      <params_array SOAP-ENC:arrayType="xsd:anyType[1]" xsi:type="SOAP-
      ENC:Array">
      <i xsi:type="xsd:string">some_parameter</i>
      </params_array>

      Basically what is happening is that this is getting cast to an Object
      [] on the Java side and then each element gets cast to a specific
      class passed in by a string array following it. But, Glue can't cast
      anyType to String, for example.

      Right now I can only seem to coax SOAP::Data into building me arrays
      that have all the same type. Any suggestions? A quick search didn't
      turn up anything similar.

      Thanks in advance for your help.

      Stephen