3481Oh the irony - I need help...

  • Byrne Reese
    Apr 6 1:17 PM
      Ok folks - I am in need of a little help. Before I bang my head against
      the keyboard one last time, I thought I might consult my follow perl
      hackers for some advice.

      I upgraded majordojo using RPMs to the latest Redhat 9 (yes I know
      support has been discontinued - thank you Redhat). In the process perl
      5.8.0 was installed... which naturally requires me to upgrade all my
      perl modules etc. So the state of my system, which was once Redhat 7.3
      running perl 5.6.1, is now running Redhat 9 (in theory), and perl 5.8.3
      (I upgraded from source to the latest hoping it would resolve my problem).

      Now, here is the problem:
      I have a CGI that makes a SOAP call, and when it does, I get the
      following message:
      > '501 Can't locate object method "new" via package
      "LWP::Protocol::https" (Crypt::SSLeay not installed) at browse.cgi line 61'

      But I have installed Crypt::SSLeay, lib-www, etc... I have installed all
      the necessary files. My proof?

      When I run the script from the command line as ROOT it works. Ok, so
      this naturally leads me to believe that I have a permissions problem.
      But where!? I have traversed the ENTIRE /usr/local/lib/perl5 directory
      heirarchy looking for permissions that are suspect, and every directory
      has the global execute bit set, every .so file has the global execute
      bit as well. Every file is globally readable. So what gives?

      I have since installed from source openssl-0.9.7d just to make sure.
      What am I missing here? This is killing me. I am running Redhat 9 at
      home, and everything works great. I am running Redhat 9 from the office,
      and everything is cool. Clearly something is not right with my RPM
      upgrade, but where do I start to track it down.

      Frustratingly Yours,
      Byrne
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic