3480Re: Oh the irony - I need help...

  • Stephane Bortzmeyer
    Apr 7, 2004
      On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 10:19:38PM -0000,
      Byrne Reese <byrne@...> wrote
      a message of 53 lines which said:

      > So the state of my system, which was once Redhat 7.3 running perl
      > 5.6.1, is now running Redhat 9 (in theory), and perl 5.8.3

      RedHat, like FreeBSD, does not really support upgrades. It is probably
      better to reinstall.

      > When I run the script from the command line as ROOT it works. Ok, so
      > this naturally leads me to believe that I have a permissions
      > problem. But where!?

      As non-root:

      % strace perl YOUR-SCRIPT.pl |& grep -i permission

      Should give you something like:

      open("/usr/lib/perl5/auto/Crypt/SSLeay/SSLeay.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 EACCES (Permission denied)
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic