3479Re: SOAP::Lite and dates

  • Stephane Bortzmeyer
    Apr 7, 2004
      On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 12:49:05PM -0700,
      Byrne Reese <byrne@...> wrote
      a message of 116 lines which said:

      > A recent module to CPAN seems to help address the problem:
      > http://search.cpan.org/~mcmahon/SOAP-DateTime-0.01/

      I know it and mentioned it in my first message. It only handles
      serialization, my problem being the deserialization.

      > Bottom line, SOAP::Lite doesn't (since Perl is so loosely typed) do
      > any type deserialization for you.

      I do not see the connection with my problem. Python and PHP are no
      more typed than Perl and both can deserialize xsd:dateTime (they just
      produce a string for a type they do not know, that I parse after). Why
      can't SOAP::Lite do the same?
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic