3391Returning a .NET DataSet to a .NET Client

  • Maurice McCabe
    Feb 27, 2004
      Has anyone tried to return a .NET Dataset to a .NET client from a
      SOAPLite server?

      I want to be able to pass a list of queries from a .NET client and
      receive a DataSet of tables for each query which I want to display as a
      DataGrid on a web page.

      For example, I want the code to look something like the following:

      Dim mySOAPLiteServer as SOAPLiteServer = New SOAPLiteServer()
      Dim myQueries as New HashTable()
      myQueries("Authors") = "select * from Authors"
      myQueries("Publishers") = "select * from Publishers"
      Dim myDataSet as Dataset = mySOAPLiteServer.GetDataSet(myQueries)
      myWebPageAuthorsDataGrid.DataSource =

      Any ideas/suggestions?

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic