3388Re: [soaplite] accept-encoding gzip

  • Duncan Cameron
    Feb 26, 2004
      From: "c002928" <scoldan@...>
      To: <soaplite@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 4:39 AM
      Subject: [soaplite] accept-encoding gzip

      > The web service I am using requires messages to have an http header
      > that looks like this:
      >
      > Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
      > or like this:
      > Accept-Encoding: gzip
      >
      > I added the following line to my client code
      >
      > -> proxy($endpoint, options => {compress_threshold => 10});
      >
      > I hoped this would add the http header but it only looks like this:
      >
      > Accept-Encoding: deflate
      >
      > so the request fails
      >
      > Is there a way to do this with SOAP::Lite without resorting to
      > rolling your own POST message by adding headers and soap line by
      > line?

      From what I can see the only reason why the header would not be
      "Accept-Encoding: gzip" is if you do not have Compress::Zlib installed.
      The content of your message will then be gzipped if the length is
      greater than the threshold.
      Try stepping through SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm from the start of the
      send_receive() routine to see where the problem is.
      If that doesn't clear it up then post a copy of your client code.

      Regards

      Duncan Cameron
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic