3283Re: [soaplite] Re: soap call - fire and forget

  • Bill Hess
    Jan 9, 2004
      Is SOAP::Lite capable of perform asynchronous messages by itself. I
      assume the default is synchronous? And is this because of the way LWP
      works?

      One thing I notice in a system we have recently developed is that when
      using is over a LAN it works great, except for the synchronous
      interaction. But when I run the system over a corporate VPN the
      interaction is "choppy" - slower and not as consistent, but any
      transaction always seems to finish OK. Could this be a result of
      SOAP::Lite or do you think it is the VPN? I have used other commercial
      client/sever type programs on this same VPN and some work fine (same as
      being on the LAN) and others are "choppy" and some are downright
      unreliable and fail. Could this be a result of some of these systems
      are synchronous/asynchronous?

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic