3281Re: [soaplite] Re: soap call - fire and forget

  • Aaron Trevena
    Jan 9, 2004
      On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Lenz Gschwendtner wrote:
      > thanks for that but we are programming a time critical high volume
      > service so working with grand central in this place is not the thing
      > planned. i know grand central already but in our situation in the moment
      > there is no plan to use the services provided.
      >
      > thanks for the info, but it is more essential for us in the moment to
      > know how to implement a "notification" in SOAP::Lite

      It sounds like you need ebXML rather than plain SOAP.

      ebXML Messaging (usually) runs on top of SOAP with Attachments - it
      supports synchronous and asynchronous messaging, provides Reliability and
      lots of powerful features that allow it to replace EDI.

      It is a bit heavyweight, but if you are building an application that needs
      those kind of features then it is justified and unavoidable.

      as a side note (who on the list doesn't have something to plug?) :
      I am looking for other perl developers interested in ebXML, we (a company
      I won't name yet) have some perl modules / classes that implement enough
      ebXML to hold brief (and often broken) conversations with the Hermes
      (free) ebXML MSH (a free, compliant ebXML MSH implementation written in
      Java) and hope to collaborate with others on getting it working better,
      sooner.

      cheers,

      A.

      --
      Aaron J Trevena - Perl Hacker, Kung Fu Geek, Internet Consultant
      AutoDia --- Automatic UML and HTML Specifications from Perl, C++