3228Re: [soaplite] xsd:base64Binary or SOAP-ENC:base64?

  • Byrne Reese
    Dec 12, 2003
      In the upcoming release of SOAP::Lite 0.65 this issue will most likely go
      away. That is because we will be favoring the 2001 XML Schema definitions,
      as opposed to the 1999 version (which just so happens to use base64).

      Of course I should mention that the 1999 schema does not go away, it is
      simply not the default schema used anymore.

      There is a way to change the schema to 2001. That is best acheived by the
      following code (please someone double check me and make sure this works -
      I am doing this from memory):

      $client = SOAP::Lite->proxy()->uri()...;
      $client->serializer->xmlschema('http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema');

      > I've been fooling around with SOAP using gsoap, SOAP:Lite, and
      > Borland C Builder 6 and have come across the following issue using a
      > gsoap server:
      >
      > 1)I can use both xsd:base64Binary and SOAP-ENC:base64 to communicate
      > between a gsoap server and a gsoap client.
      >
      > 2)Using a SOAP::Lite I can get the SOAP-ENC:base64 responce but
      > it gives me an error for the xsd:base64Binary.
      >
      > 3)On the other hand BCB6 sends the data as xsd:base64Binary in both
      > cases making the server return an error when it expects a SOAP-
      > ENC:base64. So I can not just use SOAP-ENC:base64.
      >
      > The error I get using SOAP::Lite is:
      > Unrecognized type '{http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema}base64Binary'
      >>?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?SOAP-ENV:Envelope
      >> xmlns:SOAP-
      > ENV="http://
      > schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:SOAP-
      > ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
      > xmlns:xsd="
      > http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema"
      > xmlns:ns="uri:/smsbouncer"SOAP-
      > ENV:Body SOAP-
      > ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"id="_0"ns:bounceResponseoutput
      > xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Array" SOAP-
      > ENC:arrayType="ns:sms[1]"item xsi:type="ns:sms"body
      > xsi:type="xsd:base64Binary"/bodym
      > sisdn xsi:type="xsd:string"/msisdnservice
      > xsi:type="xsd:string"/service/item/output/ns:bounceRespons
      > e/SOAP-ENV:Body/SOAP-ENV:Envelope< at ./client.pl line 39
      >
      > I use the following code:
      >
      >>snip

      ^byrne :/
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic