      From: Randy J. Ray [mailto:rjray@...]
      Sent: 05 December 2003 10:25
      To: michael watson (IAH-C)
      Cc: soaplite@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [soaplite] SOAP::Lite and Proxies

      > So I have added this line to my script:
      > SOAP::Lite->proxy('http://soap.genome.ad.jp:80',
      > proxy => ['http' => 'http://wwwcache.bbsrc.ac.uk:8080']);
      > 'http://soap.genome.ad.jp:80' is the service I am trying to connect to and
      > http://wwwcache.bbsrc.ac.uk:8080 is my proxy - and the script still times out
      > with the message:
      > Service description 'http://soap.genome.ad.jp/KEGG.wsdl' can't be loaded: 500
      > Can't connect to soap.genome.ad.jp:80 (connect: timeout)

      This is a subtle but nasty bug you've found, here. One I never noticed while
      writing the book, nor do I imagine Paul himself has come across it.

      If you set the proxy the way you're supposed to for ordinary calls, that same
      proxy *isn't* used when SOAP::Lite tries to fetch the service WSDL description

      This doesn't explain why your environment variable isn't helping, though. Is
      the service running under a different UID, like, say, the webserver?

      Randy J. Ray Campbell, CA http://www.rjray.org rjray@...

      Silicon Valley Scale Modelers: http://www.svsm.org
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic